POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion Server Time
29 Jun 2024 14:53:20 EDT (-0400)
  Another random suggestion (Message 31 to 40 of 75)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Another random suggestion
Date: 11 Mar 2017 17:43:38
Message: <58c47d9a$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/11/2017 10:21 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> On 3/11/2017 5:19 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> On 3/11/2017 2:44 PM, Shay wrote:
>>> Anyone who believes in an objective position on cell harvesting is
>>> following
>>> some type of religion.
>>>

>> I don't think it's a "religion" to say, "Cell harvesting could produce
>> beneficial results."
>>

>> Mike
>
> Or, even that it is "extremely likely" to produce beneficial results.

I don't think that is what he meant. It is Science Vs Religion and you
take one side or the other. So in a way the belief in Science becomes a
matter of faith.So you denigrate the other side because that is what
people do.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 3/11/2017 5:19 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> > On 3/11/2017 2:44 PM, Shay wrote:
> >> Anyone who believes in an objective position on cell harvesting is
> >> following
> >> some type of religion.
> >>

> > I don't think it's a "religion" to say, "Cell harvesting could produce
> > beneficial results."
> >

> > Mike
>
> Or, even that it is "extremely likely" to produce beneficial results.

It's certainly not entirely scientific.

Can you tell me--using capital-R Reason alone--the difference between
"beneficial" and "good" (as in "good vs. evil)?

Post a reply to this message