POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another random suggestion : Re: Another random suggestion Server Time
1 Jul 2024 17:41:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another random suggestion
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 11 Mar 2017 22:26:18
Message: <58c4bfda$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/11/2017 7:19 PM, Shay wrote:
> It's certainly not entirely scientific.
>
> Can you tell me--using capital-R Reason alone--the difference between
> "beneficial" and "good" (as in "good vs. evil)?

I think there are some things that could fit into both categories:

1. maximize well-being
2. minimize suffering
3. ???

These are things social animals value, either consciously or by
instinctual behavior. Hard to say whether animals like sharks care about
stuff like this, though. Some sharks rear live young IIRC. It's pretty
common for mammals/birds to feel lonely.

Mike