POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unfortunate Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Unfortunate (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Unfortunate
Date: 3 Oct 2016 13:11:43
Message: <57f2914f@news.povray.org>
I love my macro lens.

People ask me "why did you spend all this money on a real camera, when
your phone can do exactly the same thing?" And then I show them pictures
like this, and I say "can your phone do THIS?" And they're all like
"Wow... Erm, no. It can't." And then they go away.

Sadly, last week I dropped my macro lens on a concrete floor, and now it
doesn't work. It is at least insured, so it won't cost me anything to
get it fixed. But still, they're telling me 5 to 6 weeks to fix it... :-(

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dsc_0428 crop.jpg' (307 KB)

Preview of image 'dsc_0428 crop.jpg'
dsc_0428 crop.jpg

On 10/3/2016 6:11 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> I love my macro lens.
>
> People ask me "why did you spend all this money on a real camera, when
> your phone can do exactly the same thing?" And then I show them pictures
> like this, and I say "can your phone do THIS?" And they're all like
> "Wow... Erm, no. It can't." And then they go away.
>
> Sadly, last week I dropped my macro lens on a concrete floor, and now it
> doesn't work. It is at least insured, so it won't cost me anything to
> get it fixed. But still, they're telling me 5 to 6 weeks to fix it... :-(

Nice image.
Shame about your lens. But you will not need it for the fireworks next
month. Whiz bangs.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> People ask me "why did you spend all this money on a real camera, when
> your phone can do exactly the same thing?" And then I show them pictures
> like this, and I say "can your phone do THIS?" And they're all like
> "Wow... Erm, no. It can't." And then they go away.
>
> Sadly, last week I dropped my macro lens on a concrete floor, and now it
> doesn't work. It is at least insured, so it won't cost me anything to
> get it fixed. But still, they're telling me 5 to 6 weeks to fix it... :-(

I know the feeling.  My wide angle lens got into a fight with a
cobblestone plaza in Mexico, and the the plaza won.