POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Long threads (Message 21 to 30 of 642)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Long threads
Date: 27 Jul 2016 20:00:45
Message: <57994b2d$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 00:37:10 +0100, Doctor John wrote:

> On 27/07/16 23:30, Stephen wrote:
>> On 7/27/2016 11:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>
>> Fairy Nuff.
>> Northern line is running late due to under crowding.
>>
>>> Piccadilly Circus.
>>>

>> Heathrow.
>>

> Pimlico (I left my wallet at home and I think I might need it)

I can't bear it.  Paddington.

>>> Interestingly, also the name of an arcade at the shopping mall near me
>>> when I was growing up.  Never got to go there - my dad couldn't see
>>> the sense in spending money in an arcade on something so nonessential
>>> as entertainment.
>>>
>>> My older half-brother used to give us bicentennial quarters (which
>>> were supposed to be good luck for kids playing arcade games), and we
>>> never actually got to use them for the intended purpose.
>>>

> So what purpose did you use them for?

I think ultimately, they ended up in the bank.  Which I guess means they
could be anywhere, including in my PSN account as games now. :)

Jim

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Jul 2016 20:01:31
Message: <57994b5b$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 23:35:23 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 7/27/2016 11:16 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> The thing that got us was the first episode - Jeremy actually sounded
>> for a little bit like he could sing and the whole "Jeremy can't sing"
>> thing was all an act.  His voice didn't break even once.
>
> I will have to re-listen to it. I think you might be right that the song
> suited his voice better than most.

It wasn't just the one song, though - there was a second round (I think
the following week).  Pick-up song, I believe - and that one also went
pretty well for him.

Jim