POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Long threads : Re: Long threads Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long threads
From: Doctor John
Date: 28 Jul 2016 05:19:00
Message: <5799ce04@news.povray.org>
On 28/07/16 09:36, Stephen wrote:
> On 7/28/2016 12:58 AM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> But you did not lose anything. So they were lucky quarters.
>> Ah, but I did lose "not being bored" some days - when my friends all went
>> to the arcade, and I had to go home.
>>
>> Then again, maybe that's why I enjoy playing games so much now.:)
>

> Ah! It just dawned on me.
>
> In my day an arcade was a roofed shopping lane. Or seaside
> entertainments with penny in the slot machines.
>
> I see where the long held grudge originates.
>
> It was pubs with me.

Talking of our misspent youth, I attach, for your delectation, a section
of an old photograph taken in ~1965.
I am top row middle. The guy to my right, grinning like a maniac, has
just made a ridiculously silly comment and I'm desperately trying not to
laugh. The guy to my left is my youngest brother, George. Next row down,
furthest right in the image, is C C Wright who is brother to the guy
furthest left on the bottom row. He is M T Wright, later to become
famous for his reconstruction of the Antikythera mechanism.

John
--
It's not about bravery.
It's about doing what I need to do to win

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'severnhill-1b.png' (244 KB)

Preview of image 'severnhill-1b.png'