POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I want one Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  I want one (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Doctor John
Subject: I want one
Date: 18 May 2016 08:26:05
Message: <573c5f5d$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/18/chaps_make_6502_by_hand/

Project page: monster6502.com

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents
You hold it in trust for your children

Post a reply to this message

From: dick balaska
Subject: Re: I want one
Date: 18 May 2016 12:45:18
Message: <573c9c1e$1@news.povray.org>
Am 2016-05-18 08:26, also sprach Doctor John:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/05/18/chaps_make_6502_by_hand/
>
> Project page: monster6502.com
>
> John

One of my career complaints is that no-one will pay me anymore because I
can still
A9 00   LDA #00
85 01   STA $01
in my head.

The 6502 got me in the Smithsonian...
http://americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/archive/2012/games/winninggames/era_1_winners.html
--
dik

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 18 May 2016 12:59:23
Message: <573c9f6b$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/05/2016 05:45 PM, dick balaska wrote:
> One of my career complaints is that no-one will pay me anymore because I
> can still
> A9 00 LDA #00
> 85 01 STA $01
> in my head.

Is it wrong that I still remember that 96 decimal is "return from
subroutine"?

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 18 May 2016 13:54:10
Message: <573cac42$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.05.2016 um 18:59 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
> On 18/05/2016 05:45 PM, dick balaska wrote:
>> One of my career complaints is that no-one will pay me anymore because I
>> can still
>> A9 00 LDA #00
>> 85 01 STA $01
>> in my head.
>
> Is it wrong that I still remember that 96 decimal is "return from
> subroutine"?

C9 on the Z80. If my memory doesn't play tricks on me.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 18 May 2016 16:25:22
Message: <573ccfb2@news.povray.org>
On 18/05/2016 06:54 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 18.05.2016 um 18:59 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>> Is it wrong that I still remember that 96 decimal is "return from
>> subroutine"?
>
> C9 on the Z80. If my memory doesn't play tricks on me.

Heh. I just looked it up to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong...
No, 96 decimal is 60 hex which is definitely RTS.

I can't remember where the *hell* I put my insurance paperwork two years
ago, but I still remember something I used when I was 9 years old.

Post a reply to this message

From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 18 May 2016 18:05:01
Message: <web.573ce691c39e7e1fd6b6fe10@news.povray.org>
> On 18/05/2016 06:54 PM, clipka wrote:
> > Am 18.05.2016 um 18:59 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
> >> Is it wrong that I still remember that 96 decimal is "return from
> >> subroutine"?
> >
> > C9 on the Z80. If my memory doesn't play tricks on me.
>
> Heh. I just looked it up to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong...
> No, 96 decimal is 60 hex which is definitely RTS.
>
> I can't remember where the *hell* I put my insurance paperwork two years
> ago, but I still remember something I used when I was 9 years old.

I had a computer teacher in 4th grade who introduced us to pixel art in
AppleSoft Basic (we also did some stuff with peek and poke), from which I
eventually graduated to LOGO, but I wouldn't have known how to actually do
anything useful...

I can remember a lot of the stuff we did, and I still have my 5+1/4 floppy in my
desk.  Hard to believe (and more than a little depressing) that it's been 27
years.

Regards,
A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 18 May 2016 20:58:05
Message: <573d0f9d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 18.05.2016 um 22:25 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
> On 18/05/2016 06:54 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 18.05.2016 um 18:59 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>>> Is it wrong that I still remember that 96 decimal is "return from
>>> subroutine"?
>>
>> C9 on the Z80. If my memory doesn't play tricks on me.
>
> Heh. I just looked it up to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong...
> No, 96 decimal is 60 hex which is definitely RTS.

No surprise there; the Z80 mnemonic was RET, so you definitely hacked a
different platform.

> I can't remember where the *hell* I put my insurance paperwork two years
> ago, but I still remember something I used when I was 9 years old.

Welcome to the club :) (though I must admit I was a few years older when
I embarked on Assembler programming, maybe 15 or so)

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 19 May 2016 13:33:26
Message: <573df8e6$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/05/2016 01:57 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 18.05.2016 um 22:25 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>> Heh. I just looked it up to make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong...
>> No, 96 decimal is 60 hex which is definitely RTS.
>
> No surprise there; the Z80 mnemonic was RET, so you definitely hacked a
> different platform.

The MOS Technology 6502, naturally. I thought I wrote that... but
apparently I did not. It seems I can't remember what I did ten minutes ago!

>> I can't remember where the *hell* I put my insurance paperwork two years
>> ago, but I still remember something I used when I was 9 years old.
>
> Welcome to the club :) (though I must admit I was a few years older when
> I embarked on Assembler programming, maybe 15 or so)

I was very, *very* bored as a child. I mean, I can't begin to convey to
you just how bored I was... I was *so* bored that one time, I spent
about an hour calculating all the powers of 2 on a blackboard. I stopped
when I reached something like 2^40 or so. For somebody who can't do
arithmetic, that's *a lot* of computation...

Did I mention I was bored?

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 19 May 2016 13:59:46
Message: <573dff12$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.05.2016 um 19:33 schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:

> Did I mention I was bored?

You already bored us with that statement, yes ;)