POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum Pov, soon? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:18:28 EDT (-0400)
  Quantum Pov, soon? (Message 1 to 10 of 130)
From: Stephen
Subject: Quantum Pov, soon?
Date: 4 May 2016 14:35:34
Message: <572a40f6$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36203043

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: Quantum Pov, soon?
Date: 4 May 2016 20:48:04
Message: <572a9844$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/4/2016 2:35 PM, Stephen wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36203043

LOL ... I saw the story this morning and was going to post, but you beat
me to the punch.

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 5 May 2016 03:15:35
Message: <572af317$1@news.povray.org>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36203043
>>

> LOL ... I saw the story this morning and was going to post, but you beat
> me to the punch.

Has anyone actually got a sign-up to it? I filled in the form but
haven't got anything back. Not that I have any idea what is involved in
programming a quantum computer (apart from the "a bit can be 0,1 or
both" line in every article), but thought it would be fun to find out.

Post a reply to this message

> Has anyone actually got a sign-up to it? I filled in the form but
> haven't got anything back. Not that I have any idea what is involved in
> programming a quantum computer (apart from the "a bit can be 0,1 or
> both" line in every article), but thought it would be fun to find out.

You remember a few years back when some guy said "we need quantum
raytracing supercomputers NOW!"?

And somebody else replied "we already have those; it's called THE REAL
WORLD"?

Yeah, well, that hasn't gone away. ;-)

Post a reply to this message