POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum Pov, soon? : Re: Quantum Pov, soon? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:36:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum Pov, soon?
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 6 May 2016 15:35:09
Message: <572cf1ed$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/05/2016 11:48 AM, scott wrote:
> Yes I got mine overnight, I've just been reading through the user guide.
> It's written in much the same manner as a book would be on digital
> circuits, start off with what a "zero" and "one" is, then simple logic
> gates, more complex circuits, then latches and adders, then things like
> RAM and a CPU.

Question: Are there any books out there that actually *do* that?

I mean, what little I know about digital logic is gleaned from
children's books and Wikipedia. I've never seen a *book* that actually
*explains* this stuff. (Unless it's an electronics book, in which case
it talks about impedance and capacitance and other such irrelevant details.)

> It did remind me slightly of Andrew's writings on Haskell, how you code
> up all these gates, and all the qubits are some super-position, and
> nothing gets resolved until you actually make the measurement at the end.

Heh, damn... I didn't think anybody actually read that stuff...