POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum Pov, soon? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:47:01 EDT (-0400)
  Quantum Pov, soon? (Message 31 to 40 of 130)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Quantum Pov, soon?
Date: 8 May 2016 07:19:36
Message: <572f20c8$1@news.povray.org>
On 8-5-2016 9:49, Stephen wrote:
>> That reminds me of "Grog" from Heinlein's Strange in a Strange Land....
>> Should be appropriate in this discussion.
>
> I've heard someone using that word on the radio, quite recently. It was
> very popular in the 1970's and 80s. At the time. I even heard someone
> say "Ye grog" instead of "Ye ken". (The phrase is ubiquitous on the east
> coast and in Fife.)
>
> Another one for your collection Thomas. :)

Yes...
Now, was it not "grok"? Showing my age...
--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 8 May 2016 07:55:34
Message: <572f2936$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/05/16 12:19, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 8-5-2016 9:49, Stephen wrote:
>> Another one for your collection Thomas. :)
>>

> Yes...
> Now, was it not "grok"? Showing my age...

Indeed it was. Re-read SiaSL and grok in fullness.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 May 2016 08:43:08
Message: <572f345c$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/8/2016 12:55 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> Now, was it not "grok"? Showing my age...
> Indeed it was.

<Slaps own lazy wrist>

> Re-read SiaSL and grok in fullness.

I tried to last year. The authorial voice got in the way of the plot. :(

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message