POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quantum Pov, soon? : Re: Quantum Pov, soon? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 06:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quantum Pov, soon?
From: scott
Date: 9 May 2016 02:45:44
Message: <57303218$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/05/2016 20:35, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 06/05/2016 11:48 AM, scott wrote:
>> Yes I got mine overnight, I've just been reading through the user guide.
>> It's written in much the same manner as a book would be on digital
>> circuits, start off with what a "zero" and "one" is, then simple logic
>> gates, more complex circuits, then latches and adders, then things like
>> RAM and a CPU.
>
> Question: Are there any books out there that actually *do* that?
>
> I mean, what little I know about digital logic is gleaned from
> children's books and Wikipedia. I've never seen a *book* that actually
> *explains* this stuff. (Unless it's an electronics book, in which case
> it talks about impedance and capacitance and other such irrelevant
> details.)

It's not irrelevant if you actually plan to make anything work. All
digital electronics (apart from in some basic simulator) is analog
anyway :-) The book I've seen thrown about in many places is this one:

http://artofelectronics.net/the-book/table-of-contents/

Chapter 10 is "digital electronics", but many of the preceding chapters
are worth understanding before you start to make anything "digital". In
the end, a digital "gate" is actually just transistors, so if you
understand how transistors work you'll understand why a gate behaves the
way it does.