POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How come ... Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:07:55 EDT (-0400)
  How come ... (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: How come ...
Date: 25 Apr 2016 15:06:52
Message: <571e6acc$1@news.povray.org>
Why is it "easy opening packaging" generally isn't?

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: How come ...
Date: 25 Apr 2016 18:47:35
Message: <571e9e87$1@news.povray.org>
Am 25.04.2016 um 21:06 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
> Why is it "easy opening packaging" generally isn't?

Heisenberg's uncertainty principle: The more precisely you know how to
open a package, the less precisely you know where the contents will end
up in the process.

Or something along those lines.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 25.04.2016 um 21:06 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>> Why is it "easy opening packaging" generally isn't?
>
> Heisenberg's uncertainty principle: The more precisely you know how to
> open a package, the less precisely you know where the contents will end
> up in the process.

Ah well ... thanks for the Sheldon Cooper-ish response. I WAS hoping for
something a bit more whimsical

Post a reply to this message

On 4/26/2016 11:02 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 4/25/2016 6:47 PM, clipka wrote:
>> Am 25.04.2016 um 21:06 schrieb Jim Holsenback:
>>> Why is it "easy opening packaging" generally isn't?
>>
>> Heisenberg's uncertainty principle: The more precisely you know how to
>> open a package, the less precisely you know where the contents will end
>> up in the process.
>
> Ah well ... thanks for the Sheldon Cooper-ish response. I WAS hoping for
> something a bit more whimsical

It is a fiendish plot to undermine the American psyche.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 4/26/2016 11:02 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>>>
>>> Heisenberg's uncertainty principle: The more precisely you know how to
>>> open a package, the less precisely you know where the contents will end
>>> up in the process.
>>
>> Ah well ... thanks for the Sheldon Cooper-ish response. I WAS hoping for
>> something a bit more whimsical
>
> It is a fiendish plot to undermine the American psyche.

Not just fiendish, but satanistic.

Abolish gay marriage and abortion clinics, and God will assist you again
in opening with ease each and every package you desire the contents of.

(Not including condom packages of course.)

Post a reply to this message

>>> Ah well ... thanks for the Sheldon Cooper-ish response. I WAS hoping for
>>> something a bit more whimsical
>>
>> It is a fiendish plot to undermine the American psyche.
>
> Not just fiendish, but satanistic.

Should that not be spelt Satanistic?
Nevertheless you are probably right.

> Abolish gay marriage and abortion clinics, and God will assist you again
> in opening with ease each and every package you desire the contents of.

Oh! I'll join. How much will it cost? )

> (Not including condom packages of course.)

Ah! over here they are sold in packs of three. A sort of Trinity if you
know what I mean.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>>> It is a fiendish plot to undermine the American psyche.
>>
>> Not just fiendish, but satanistic.
>>

> Should that not be spelt Satanistic?
> Nevertheless you are probably right.
>
>> Abolish gay marriage and abortion clinics, and God will assist you again
>> in opening with ease each and every package you desire the contents of.
>>

> Oh! I'll join. How much will it cost? )
>
>> (Not including condom packages of course.)
>>

> Ah! over here they are sold in packs of three. A sort of Trinity if you
> know what I mean.

Second time I've told that joke today:

A kid and his dad are in a pharmacy.  The son points to the condom
dispaly and asks:
- Dad, what are those?
- That's when you'll be a bit older and you go on a date.
- Ah... and the packs of 3?
- That's when you have a girlfriend:  Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
- And the box of 12?
- Sigh. That's when you're married:  January, February, March...

On 25/04/2016 08:06 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> Why is it "easy opening packaging" generally isn't?

Why is it that all the shirts I possess that say "easy iron" on them are
the *only* shirts that even require ironing in the first place?

Post a reply to this message

On 4/26/2016 5:58 PM, Francois Labreque wrote:

> Second time I've told that joke today:
>
> A kid and his dad are in a pharmacy.  The son points to the condom
> dispaly and asks:
> - Dad, what are those?
> - That's when you'll be a bit older and you go on a date.
> - Ah... and the packs of 3?
> - That's when you have a girlfriend:  Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
> - And the box of 12?
> - Sigh. That's when you're married:  January, February, March...

LOL I've not heard that one before. :)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Am 2016-04-26 06:51, also sprach Stephen:

> It is a fiendish plot to undermine the American psyche.

Trump 2016!

--
dik