POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Desk Management Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:54:45 EDT (-0400)
  Desk Management (Message 1 to 10 of 48)
From: clipka
Subject: Desk Management
Date: 29 Jan 2016 18:37:05
Message: <56abf7a1@news.povray.org>
Pro Tip:

Keeping your desk covered with obsolete paperwork can be an effective
first line of defense against beverage spills.

(A thorough mix of obsolete and important paperwork -- not so much.)

Confirmed by experiment.

Also, the "sticky keys" keyoard setting has no effect on coke stains.

Post a reply to this message

> Keeping your desk covered with obsolete paperwork can be an effective
> first line of defense against beverage spills.
>
> (A thorough mix of obsolete and important paperwork -- not so much.)
>
> Confirmed by experiment.
>
> Also, the "sticky keys" keyoard setting has no effect on coke stains.

I coughed and spit some water on my monitor once. There's still a dark
splotch near the bottom where the pixels are dead.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Keeping your desk covered with obsolete paperwork can be an effective
> first line of defense against beverage spills.
>
> (A thorough mix of obsolete and important paperwork -- not so much.)
>
> Confirmed by experiment.
>
> Also, the "sticky keys" keyoard setting has no effect on coke stains.

I heard that - although never tried - most keyboards can go in the
dishwasher (without soap), upside down on the top rack.  You just have
to make sure they dry completely before reconnecting them.

Am 30.01.2016 um 02:14 schrieb Francois Labreque:
> Le 2016-01-29 18:36, clipka a écrit :
>> Pro Tip:
>>
>> Keeping your desk covered with obsolete paperwork can be an effective
>> first line of defense against beverage spills.
>>
>> (A thorough mix of obsolete and important paperwork -- not so much.)
>>
>> Confirmed by experiment.
>>
>> Also, the "sticky keys" keyoard setting has no effect on coke stains.
>>

> I heard that - although never tried - most keyboards can go in the
> dishwasher (without soap), upside down on the top rack.  You just have
> to make sure they dry completely before reconnecting them.

 FEAR THE KEYBOARD SFFERED A LTTLE BT:::

Post a reply to this message

>> Keeping your desk covered with obsolete paperwork can be an effective
>> first line of defense against beverage spills.
>>
>> (A thorough mix of obsolete and important paperwork -- not so much.)
>>
>> Confirmed by experiment.
>>
>> Also, the "sticky keys" keyoard setting has no effect on coke stains.
>>

> I heard that - although never tried - most keyboards can go in the
> dishwasher (without soap), upside down on the top rack.  You just have
> to make sure they dry completely before reconnecting them.

Never put a keyboard in a dishwasher, it gets too hot and will most likely
deform the keyboard.
What I use is hand warm water in a tub, gentle dish soap and a soft brush. It
will get the keyboard clean and shiny again. You just have to rinse it
thoroughly to get the soap out. After that just let it dry. For that I put it
on a fan.
--

Ger

Post a reply to this message