POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Desk Management Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Desk Management (Message 21 to 30 of 48)
From: Sherry K  Shaw
Subject: Re: Desk Management
Date: 31 Jan 2016 11:16:42
Message: <56ae336a$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> - The G19's printed circuits sheet isn't a single sheet, but again a
> sandwich of three sheets: A single-sided upper contact layer, a spacer,
> and another apparently double-sided layer. These layers are heat-welded
> together at strategic points, making it difficult to get a good glimpse
> of the contacts from an angle, let alone access them specifically.

Ah.  I recall the three plastic sheets in the MS keyboard as being
separate, but I don't recall if they were that way originally or if they
required encouragement.

> - I don't have any alcohol at home - not even a beer ;)

My husband was an insulin-dependent diabetic, so consequently we kept a
supply of the little alcohol wipes for his injections and finger-sticks.
  It turns out that they're extremely useful for cleaning contacts,
displays, and so forth--anything that you really don't want to hose down
with the Scrubbing Bubbles.

--Sherry Shaw

--
#macro T(E,N)sphere{x,.4rotate z*E*60translate y*N pigment{wrinkles scale
.3}finish{ambient 1}}#end#local I=0;#while(I<5)T(I,1)T(1-I,-1)#local I=I+

Post a reply to this message

On 1/31/2016 4:17 PM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
> we kept a supply of the little alcohol wipes for his injections and
> finger-sticks.  It turns out that they're extremely useful for cleaning
> contacts, displays, and so forth--anything that you really don't want to
> hose down with the Scrubbing Bubbles.

I have about three quartes a litre of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) for
cleaning things. I got fed up with using vodka. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I have about three quartes a litre of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) for
> cleaning things. I got fed up with using vodka. :-)

Is *that* why it's called "Greenking IPA"?

Post a reply to this message

On 1/31/2016 4:25 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 31/01/2016 04:23 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> I have about three quartes a litre of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) for
>> cleaning things. I got fed up with using vodka. :-)
>
> Is *that* why it's called "Greenking IPA"?

Naw, there is only one real IPA and it is called McEwan's. :-P

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> On 1/31/2016 4:17 PM, Sherry K. Shaw wrote:
>> we kept a supply of the little alcohol wipes for his injections and
>> finger-sticks.  It turns out that they're extremely useful for cleaning
>> contacts, displays, and so forth--anything that you really don't want to
>> hose down with the Scrubbing Bubbles.
>
> I have about three quartes a litre of IPA (Isopropyl alcohol) for
> cleaning things. I got fed up with using vodka. :-)

A sad waste of vodka (although personally I'd prefer rum to not
waste--preferably in conjunction with fruit juice and neon-colored
liqueurs, with a little paper umbrella on top to keep the rain out.
Although Kool-Aid also works.)  :)

--Sherry Shaw