POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 7/4 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 07:53:14 EDT (-0400)
  7/4 (Message 22 to 31 of 41)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: 7/4
Date: 5 Jul 2015 07:53:09
Message: <55991aa5$1@news.povray.org>
On 5-7-2015 13:12, Doctor John wrote:
> On 05/07/15 12:04, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> Until you get bored.
>>>
>>> and should we use both sides of the paper?
>>>>

>>> No. Single side and double line space.

>> agree
>>
>> ..
>>

> This
>
> is
>
> getting
>
> silly

Quod

erat

demonstrandum

.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 5 Jul 2015 09:46:21
Message: <5599352d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 05.07.2015 um 09:55 schrieb Cousin Ricky:
> On 2015-07-04 08:40 AM (-4), clipka wrote:
>> Congratulations to your independence, USA!
>>
>> Now if only you'd let other contries have theirs, too...
>
> Isn't Greece scheduled to declare its independence from Germany today?

Oh, believe me - we'd happily let them.

It's when they /want/ something from us - like, say, borrow money - that
we kindly ask them for a favor in return - like, say, make sure they can
start paying it back in a few decades.

Wasn't that what ticked off the USA back then, too? No money without
something in return?

In the international press the conflict might appear to be about Greece
being held hostage by its current creditors on the basis of their
current debts. It's not - it's primarily about Greece asking to be
provided with /more/ borrowed money.

The EU had already agreed to those additional debts, /provided/ that
Greece implement some reforms, which Greece had also agreed upon, but
now refuses to implement. (Not that I'd blame them for that refusal - I
think those reforms are useless at best - but their new government
wasn't particularly smart about how they approached the EU about this.)
So is it any surprise that the EU's reply is, "fine - but then you won't
get the money either"?

Well, actually it's more like, "please, think it over - we're worried
what your collapse might do to the Euro".

So at the bottom line it's really about Greece holding the Euro hostage
and blackmailing their creditors into relaxing their demands for reforms
attached to the promised further credits. And today the Greek people
decide whether they want to set the hostage free.

That all said, I think Germany's darkest spot on their perfectly white
clothes is not how they treat Greece about the current issues, but how
they reacted to Greece's demands to make amends for the time /before/
they gained their independence from Germany some 70 years ago.

Post a reply to this message