POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 7/4 : Re: 7/4 Server Time
6 Oct 2024 09:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 7/4
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 5 Jul 2015 14:10:00
Message: <web.55997226283089ddb426f96a0@news.povray.org>
> I tried to compose a simple explanation for why my country is such a
> bullying control freak, but there always seemed to be another pertinent
> point to add, and my "simple" explanation started looking like a POV-Ray
> 3.7 release candidate.
>
> So I'll just leave you with two words:  Money.  Fear.

Yep. Our politicians love money too much, and lobbying is somehow legal. Fear is
used to manipulate people into endorsing the govt.'s atrocious activities.

I think most US Americans know *something* is seriously wrong, but their concern
is often artfully diverted to focus on hyped-up threats, and away from the
termites chewing away the underlying framework.