POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  A monologue involving binary log (Message 59 to 68 of 78)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: A monologue involving binary log
Date: 16 Feb 2015 13:18:11
Message: <54e23463$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/02/2015 18:03, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> that nobody's ever heard of and isn't even there any more...

LOL

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 Feb 2015 13:23:10
Message: <54e2358e$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/02/2015 18:06, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> But yeah, the general impression I got from Stack Exchange was that
> unless you intend to spend the rest of your life working for a top-tier
> university publishing academic papers, there is basically *no point* in
> possessing a PhD. You might as well go way 4 years' commercial
> experience instead.

That is your impression about everything and why you keep getting your
ears rattled.
Just mentioning. :-)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 16 Feb 2015 13:29:25
Message: <54e23705$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/02/2015 18:14, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Because where I work, we LITERALLY CANNOT HIRE ANYBODY because we just
> cannot find anybody who knows what source code is...

That makes me think that your company's pay scales are too low.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 16 Feb 2015 13:46:27
Message: <54e23b03$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/02/2015 06:29 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 16/02/2015 18:14, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Because where I work, we LITERALLY CANNOT HIRE ANYBODY because we just
>> cannot find anybody who knows what source code is...
>
> That makes me think that your company's pay scales are too low.

I don't know about that. I don't think our adverts actually state what
we might be willing to pay. It's possible that we're not paying *the
recruiters* enough money, of course... They all seem pretty disappointed
that we will only pay them a 6% cut (they seem to be looking for nearer
40%).

It does make me wonder though - if it's THIS HARD to find anybody
capable of even the most basic programming tasks, maybe I should find
another employer and start charging a hell of a lot more money...

(The difficulty with that, of course, is making it clear just from your
CV that you actually know your stuff and you're not just blatantly lying
through your teeth!)

Post a reply to this message