POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A monologue involving binary log : Re: A monologue involving binary log Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A monologue involving binary log
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Feb 2015 05:28:24
Message: <54e317c8$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/02/2015 08:59, scott wrote:
>>> That makes me think that your company's pay scales are too low.
>>
>> I don't know about that. I don't think our adverts actually state what
>> we might be willing to pay. It's possible that we're not paying *the
>> recruiters* enough money, of course... They all seem pretty disappointed
>> that we will only pay them a 6% cut (they seem to be looking for nearer
>> 40%).
>
> I think it's a plus to put your pay range in the advert. If I see an
> advert that doesn't mention salary or says something wooly like
> £excellent then I'll generally ignore it. If I saw something that looked
> interesting that I cold do and it said £<my_current_salary+X> then I
> might get in contact.

Salary or rate is a measure to take into account when looking for work.
The very least I'll look at is "market rate". When a company uses an
employment agency they will tell them their budget. The Agency will
probably not waste their time contacting people who want more than the
budget.
Remember if you pay peanuts expect to employ monkeys. ^^

--

Regards
     Stephen