POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh Well (Part 2) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Oh Well (Part 2) (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Oh Well (Part 2)
Date: 23 Oct 2014 03:54:31
Message: <5448b437$1@news.povray.org>
After an average defeat of Crystal Palace at the weekend (we should not
have conceded that goal) we slaughtered Maribor 6-0 in the Champions
League group stage. Next CL game November 5 away at Maribor. I predict a
4-0 win :-)

This weekend, though, we take on Manchester (dis)United
<sings> We're afraid of no-one, 'cos we're better than them all -
Arsenal, West Ham, Palace, Tottenham and Millwall </sings>

John (wearing the Royal Blue)
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents

Post a reply to this message

> After an average defeat of Crystal Palace at the weekend (we should not
> have conceded that goal) we slaughtered Maribor 6-0 in the Champions
> League group stage.

I had that game on in the background, most of those goals were
penalities weren't they?

We had an average win over Sunderland at the weekend :-)

Post a reply to this message

>> After an average defeat of Crystal Palace at the weekend (we should not
>> have conceded that goal) we slaughtered Maribor 6-0 in the Champions
>> League group stage.
>
> I had that game on in the background, most of those goals were
> penalities weren't they?

Two penalties. If I'm to be honest, I don't think we deserved to have
the first one awarded. Also JT was about half a yard offside when he
scored the third goal but the ref's decision is final ;-) Whatever, we
still slaughtered them.

> We had an average win over Sunderland at the weekend :-)

Ah. A Southampton supporter. When do you get to meet the best (that's us)?

John
PS You're still 6 points adrift
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents
You hold it in trust for your children

Post a reply to this message

> Two penalties. If I'm to be honest, I don't think we deserved to have
> the first one awarded. Also JT was about half a yard offside when he
> scored the third goal but the ref's decision is final ;-) Whatever, we
> still slaughtered them.

Favourable ref decisions are always final.

> Ah. A Southampton supporter. When do you get to meet the best (that's us)?

IDK - I'm probably busy that weekend :-)

> PS You're still 6 points adrift

All that matters is that we are a long way ahead of Portsmouth!

Post a reply to this message

>> Ah. A Southampton supporter. When do you get to meet the best (that's
>> us)?
>
> IDK - I'm probably busy that weekend :-)

I've looked it up for you. We travel down to St Mary's on 28th Dec and
you're visiting The Bridge on on 14th March

>> PS You're still 6 points adrift
>
> All that matters is that we are a long way ahead of Portsmouth!

If you keep up your present form for the rest of the season, you could
be joining us in the Champion's League.

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents
You hold it in trust for your children

Post a reply to this message

> I've looked it up for you. We travel down to St Mary's on 28th Dec and
> you're visiting The Bridge on on 14th March

Yep definitely not around :-)

> If you keep up your present form for the rest of the season, you could
> be joining us in the Champion's League.

My gf is an FCB supporter (the German FCB), it's bad enough when England
play Germany, I can't imagine what it will be like if Southampton had to
play Bayern...

Post a reply to this message

>> I've looked it up for you. We travel down to St Mary's on 28th Dec and
>> you're visiting The Bridge on on 14th March
>
> Yep definitely not around :-)
>
>> If you keep up your present form for the rest of the season, you could
>> be joining us in the Champion's League.
>
> My gf is an FCB supporter (the German FCB), it's bad enough when England
> play Germany, I can't imagine what it will be like if Southampton had to
> play Bayern...

You're at #2. Looking good. But, yeah, you need to talk out a policy.
(From experience, I'd sleep on the sofa and then do breakfast in the
morning)

John