POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? (Message 41 to 50 of 126)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
Date: 24 Sep 2014 03:47:13
Message: <54227701$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/09/2014 08:12, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 23-9-2014 20:57, Stephen wrote:

>>> Ah yes! The righteous, angry, vengeful, Old Testamentish God! I knew a
>>> few of them who bowed and cringed under his baleful stare :-)
>>>

>> And that is the one that all Fundamentalists believe in.
>
> Yes. Now that you mentioned this, I sincerely wonder what the position
> of the devil can be for them. Is there a place for him? Recalling Salem,
> I suppose there is.

As a big stick.

>>> And still it seems to me, the devil is more to be feared because he will
>>> drive you under that baleful stare. Devil and God allied together to
>>> bring down the flock and make them meek.
>>>

>> Keep them in their place? Kowtowing to the priests?
>
> Not /priests/ sir! Those are the minions of the Babylon whore who sits
> in Rome!

LOL the attitude in Ulster and Scotland.
It must be something to do with the House of Orange. ;-)

> But yes, I think there certainly is power play involved.

Too true.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Sep 2014 04:07:57
Message: <54227bdd@news.povray.org>
On 24-9-2014 9:47, Stephen wrote:
> On 24/09/2014 08:12, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>> And that is the one that all Fundamentalists believe in.
>>
>> Yes. Now that you mentioned this, I sincerely wonder what the position
>> of the devil can be for them. Is there a place for him? Recalling Salem,
>> I suppose there is.
>>

> As a big stick.

Ouch! That hurts! ;-)

>>> Keep them in their place? Kowtowing to the priests?
>>
>> Not /priests/ sir! Those are the minions of the Babylon whore who sits
>> in Rome!
>>

> LOL the attitude in Ulster and Scotland.
> It must be something to do with the House of Orange. ;-)

Truth is that the House of Orange has become very discreet where
religion is concerned but then we are talking about a different Orange
when in Ulster or Scotland...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 24/09/2014 09:07, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> As a big stick.
>
> Ouch! That hurts! ;-)

As it is meant to.

>> LOL the attitude in Ulster and Scotland.
>> It must be something to do with the House of Orange. ;-)
>
> Truth is that the House of Orange has become very discreet where
> religion is concerned but then we are talking about a different Orange
> when in Ulster or Scotland...

Nope! The same House of Orange.
It takes its name from King Billy (Willem III prince of the House of
Orange, later William III of Great Britain) during the Glorious Revolution.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message