POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? : Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Fundamentalists in the USA - change of favorite enemy?
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Sep 2014 23:50:31
Message: <54239107@news.povray.org>
On 9/23/2014 7:57 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 23-9-2014 12:04, Stephen wrote:
>> On 22/09/2014 08:48, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>>
>>> That is interesting. In Christian terms the devil being the entity most
>>> to be feared
>>
>> In some parts of the Christian world it is God who is most to be feared.
>> ;-)
>>

> Ah yes! The righteous, angry, vengeful, Old Testamentish God! I knew a
> few of them who bowed and cringed under his baleful stare :-)

I have always contended that they got the old saying dead wrong. If
there was a devil, his greatest trick was convincing people that he and
god where different entities.

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get