POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:48 EDT (-0400)
  Really? (Message 41 to 50 of 121)
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Really?
Date: 4 Sep 2014 15:56:26
Message: <5408c3ea$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.09.2014 20:02, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
>> CSB 1:
>> There was an area close to where my wife used to live that was a
>> complete dead zone as far as cell phone signals were concerned. We'd
>> routinely see trucks from the various cell-phone carriers drive by with
>> all kinds of anntennas on the roofs. They apparently found that the
>> culprit was some old lady with a malfunctioning black and white TV from
>> the 60s.
>
> When I was a teenager, I would occasionally catch my portable stereo
> emitting very quiet, muffled mumblings of human voices. It sounded like
> CBR chatter. And there was a house across the street with a radio aerial
> that was about 40 feet tall...

We could eavesdrop on our neighbor's CBR transmissions using an old tape
recorder (from the pre-cassette era).

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 4 Sep 2014 16:58:36
Message: <5408d27c$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/09/2014 08:51 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 04/09/2014 19:03, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> I meant, I thought everybody uses Internet chat and video
>> conferencing now... (Well, perhaps not in business circles, but for
>> social...)
>
> I take it you do?

Since when do I have anyone to talk to? :-P

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 4 Sep 2014 17:16:39
Message: <5408d6b7$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/09/2014 21:59, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 04/09/2014 08:51 PM, Stephen wrote:
>> On 04/09/2014 19:03, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>>> I meant, I thought everybody uses Internet chat and video
>>> conferencing now... (Well, perhaps not in business circles, but for
>>> social...)
>>
>> I take it you do?
>
> Since when do I have anyone to talk to? :-P

You use Skype to talk to your mum?

(How is she coping since you ran away from home?)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message