POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? : Re: Really? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Really?
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 5 Sep 2014 11:37:37
Message: <5409d8c1$1@news.povray.org>
Why UK having such a strong economy doesn't renew its phone system and
simply makes it xxx yyyy yyyy, xxx: are codes, yyyy yyyy: phone numbers,
because looks like UK is complicating it more needlessly over time, this
should be specially easy IMO since UK has engineering and other
resources so UK make a general call to UK engineers and design it on
digital, and have an analog backup system, in case the digital 1 fails.
If you need more numbers: xxx yyyy yyyy y that way you increase 10 times
the availability, of course the analog should have room for this as well
as the digital 1, why keep building on the old system? I know is money
but UK economy AFAIK is strong and it'd better I think, don't know the
feasibility of such a project but I'd bet UK Gov hasn't even weighed the
possibility of it.