POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Really? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:30 EDT (-0400)
  Really? (Message 112 to 121 of 121)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: Really?
Date: 20 Sep 2014 08:55:00
Message: <541d7924@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Never trust a man who wants power.

Actually everyone wants it, to have more "control" over their lives, the
Monetary System only gives you as much control as the money you have,
and since nobody gives away money in the amounts we'd want to, we all
want more money/power. So it's not the power but the use of it, and it
should be taken as it is, a tool, like a hammer, you build something
with it and then you live it the fuck alone.

Post a reply to this message

On 20/09/2014 13:54, Saul Luizaga wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>> Never trust a man who wants power.
>
> Actually everyone wants it, to have more "control" over their lives, the
> Monetary System only gives you as much control as the money you have,
> and since nobody gives away money in the amounts we'd want to, we all
> want more money/power. So it's not the power but the use of it, and it
> should be taken as it is, a tool, like a hammer, you build something
> with it and then you live it the fuck alone.

I meant power over others. I thought that was implicit.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message