POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Those who wait Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:06 EDT (-0400)
  Those who wait (Message 1 to 10 of 66)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Those who wait
Date: 26 Jul 2014 09:23:47
Message: <53d3abe3$1@news.povray.org>
On Thursday, I finished a POV-Ray render that's been running for almost
exactly 2 years. I think this must be some kind of record or something!

Was it worth it? Erm... not so much, no. I mean, it looks pretty, but
somehow not as awesome as I had hoped.

Of course, the render _would_ have taken about a week if it weren't for
the radiosity. It turns out that for animation, you need really high
settings, otherwise the lighting flickers far too much. And that's why
the last couple of frames rendered at 8 hours / frame.

Post a reply to this message

Am 26.07.2014 15:23, schrieb Orchid Win7 v1:
> On Thursday, I finished a POV-Ray render that's been running for almost
> exactly 2 years. I think this must be some kind of record or something!
>
> Was it worth it? Erm... not so much, no. I mean, it looks pretty, but
> somehow not as awesome as I had hoped.
>
> Of course, the render _would_ have taken about a week if it weren't for
> the radiosity. It turns out that for animation, you need really high
> settings, otherwise the lighting flickers far too much. And that's why
> the last couple of frames rendered at 8 hours / frame.

Next time try UberPOV's stochastic GI computations ;-)

Post a reply to this message