POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Keyboard problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:52 EDT (-0400)
  Keyboard problem (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Keyboard problem
Date: 4 Jul 2014 13:37:28
Message: <53b6e658$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/07/2014 12:31 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 04/07/14 07:50, scott wrote:
>> Update: I think the problem only started since the keyboard was plugged
>> into the monitor's internal USB hub (I'd moved it here to tidy up some
>> wires under my desk). The r stopped working approximately 25% of the
>> time after the PC puts the monitor to sleep and then I wake it back up
>> again. However I moved it to the next USB socket on the monitor, then
>> back to the first and I can't recreate it anymore in either socket...
>> Maybe it's just Windows telling me I need to restart my machine after 17
>> days?
>>

> There you go.
> "Have you tried switching it off then on again" :-D

Tisk! Tisk! Power Off Reset, if you please. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 4 Jul 2014 14:13:05
Message: <53b6eeb1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 04.07.2014 19:37, schrieb Stephen:
> On 04/07/2014 12:31 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 04/07/14 07:50, scott wrote:
>>> Update: I think the problem only started since the keyboard was plugged
>>> into the monitor's internal USB hub (I'd moved it here to tidy up some
>>> wires under my desk). The r stopped working approximately 25% of the
>>> time after the PC puts the monitor to sleep and then I wake it back up
>>> again. However I moved it to the next USB socket on the monitor, then
>>> back to the first and I can't recreate it anymore in either socket...
>>> Maybe it's just Windows telling me I need to restart my machine after 17
>>> days?
>>>

>> There you go.
>> "Have you tried switching it off then on again" :-D
>>

> Tisk! Tisk! Power Off Reset, if you please. ;-)

In German, we say: "Hilft es nicht im Guten, musst du einmal booten."

Loosely translated: "If it won't be good, you have to make it boot."

Post a reply to this message

>>> "Have you tried switching it off then on again" :-D
>>>

>> Tisk! Tisk! Power Off Reset, if you please. ;-)
>
> In German, we say: "Hilft es nicht im Guten, musst du einmal booten."
>
> Loosely translated: "If it won't be good, you have to make it boot."

How very interesting.
That is similar to our:
"If in doubt, give it a clout."
(Affirmative action by TV repairmen. The world over. :-) )

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.

Post a reply to this message