POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wireless connection issue Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Wireless connection issue (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Wireless connection issue
Date: 19 Jun 2014 08:08:43
Message: <53a2d2cb@news.povray.org>
For a few weeks now I have connection problems between my PC and
modem/router. I have had the modem/router checked by professionals and
it seems to work as expected, however I can make a wired connection
presently but /not/ a wireless one. As far as I understand it, this
seems to be a problem within my PC. I can illustrate this with a couple
of images.

Checking for the network connections, I get the screen in image Network
Connections_01.jpg attached. The used wired connection is at left. I am
concerned with the middle one which says 'not connected'.

Highlighting it and  clicking 'Connect To' I get the image: Network
Connections.jpg. The highlighted connection should be mine, surprisingly
it does /not/ say 'connect automatically' with a check box, which it did
in the past. See also image: Network properties.jpg. Anyway, clicking
'connect' does not establish the connection but results in an error
message. As additional info, checking for IP addresses shows the result
in image: ipconfig_on.jpg.

What to do? Something in the Network Connection Properties (image:
Network Connection Properties.jpg)? Or how to make a /new/ network
connection from scratch? Somehow I have not been able to achieve that
:-( Or is there a problem with the Wireless LAN?

I hope this connection will persist long enough to be able to get a
dialogue going. My experience has been that even the wired connection
has a tendency to break down...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'network connection_01.jpg' (67 KB) Download 'network connections.jpg' (33 KB) Download 'network properties.jpg' (119 KB) Download 'network connection properties.jpg' (80 KB) Download 'ipconfig_on.jpg' (108 KB)

Preview of image 'network connection_01.jpg'
network connection_01.jpg

Preview of image 'network connections.jpg'
network connections.jpg

Preview of image 'network properties.jpg'
network properties.jpg

Preview of image 'network connection properties.jpg'
network connection properties.jpg

Preview of image 'ipconfig_on.jpg'
ipconfig_on.jpg