POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wireless connection issue : Re: Wireless connection issue Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wireless connection issue
From: scott
Date: 19 Jun 2014 09:27:48
Message: <53a2e554@news.povray.org>
> What to do? Something in the Network Connection Properties (image:
> Network Connection Properties.jpg)? Or how to make a /new/ network
> connection from scratch? Somehow I have not been able to achieve that
> :-( Or is there a problem with the Wireless LAN?

Has this setup (modem, wireless card, PC, software) ever worked
correctly, or did it just suddenly stop working one day?

Some ideas to try:

- Reinstall your wireless hardware driver (find it in device manager,
right click on it and choose "uninstall" then restart the machine). That
should make it reinstall the drivers and then create a new connection
from scratch.
- Log on as a different user and disable any startup programs
- Try another wireless adaptor (borrow a USB one?)
- Boot from a Linux Live CD (assuming there are drivers for your
wireless card)