POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Euclideon Geoverse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Euclideon Geoverse (Message 30 to 39 of 49)
From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: Euclideon Geoverse
Date: 16 May 2014 10:39:05
Message: <53762309$1@news.povray.org>
Le 16/05/2014 14:44, Francois Labreque a écrit :
> Le 2014-05-16 03:17, Orchid Win7 v1 a écrit :
>> Pure SSD.
>>
>> For the external ones, the USB interface is obviously the bottleneck.
>> But for the internal SATA ones... If there *is* a performance
>> difference, it's not dramatic enough to notice in a typical office
>> environment. There may be some other workload for which it's noticeable.
>
> I am aware that the plural of anecdote is not data, and I have to rely
> on what my coworkers say, but they speak of 15-25 sec boot times.*

Depends on what you call "boot time".
At work, I can get the login prompt in 25 sec or so. But access to the
email will take at least 3 minutes (including 2 minutes of "no-click").
And it's a classical hdd on XP.

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.

Post a reply to this message