POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Euclideon Geoverse : Re: Euclideon Geoverse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Euclideon Geoverse
From: Doctor John
Date: 16 May 2014 17:19:41
Message: <537680ed$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/05/14 12:32, Stephen wrote:

> No one has mentioned the old maxim. "If it looks too good to be true
> then it probably isn't."
> And the accent! Cut glass but pronounces data as da-ta not day-ta.

Hmm. didn't notice that but I've got used to people using less than
Oxbridge pronunciation :-)

> Call me a cynical old fool (not you Dr. John) but this smells of rotten
> fish.

Old? - Never. You're younger than me.
Fool? - Hardly. You know your limitations and you don't boast of your
strengths.
Cynical? - How about a slightly pessimistic and realistic view of human
behaviour?

BTW If these people are sincere in their belief that they have a
radically new system, where's the patent? ... or if they wish to go the
FOSS route, where's the algorithm?

John (a cynical old !fool)
--
Protect the Earth