POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Euclideon Geoverse : Re: Euclideon Geoverse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Euclideon Geoverse
From: Stephen
Date: 17 May 2014 10:48:59
Message: <537776db@news.povray.org>
On 16/05/2014 22:19, Doctor John wrote:
> On 16/05/14 12:32, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> No one has mentioned the old maxim. "If it looks too good to be true
>> then it probably isn't."
>> And the accent! Cut glass but pronounces data as da-ta not day-ta.
>
> Hmm. didn't notice that but I've got used to people using less than
> Oxbridge pronunciation :-)
>
>> Call me a cynical old fool (not you Dr. John) but this smells of rotten
>> fish.
>>

> Old? - Never. You're younger than me.

I bow to your wisdom, my Ancient (Pistol).

> Fool? - Hardly. You know your limitations and you don't boast of your
> strengths.

"Wepyng and waylyng, care and oother sorwe I knowe ynogh, on even and
a-morwe."

> Cynical? - How about a slightly pessimistic and realistic view of human
> behaviour?

FOURTH CITIZEN. Tear him for his bad verses, tear him for his bad
verses. (Or images.)

> BTW If these people are sincere in their belief that they have a
> radically new system, where's the patent? ... or if they wish to go the
> FOSS route, where's the algorithm?

+1

> John (a cynical old !fool)

A factorial fool? ^_^

--
Regards
     Stephen

I solemnly promise to kick the next angle, I see.