POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CPU fan trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  CPU fan trouble (Message 1 to 10 of 25)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: CPU fan trouble
Date: 16 Feb 2014 10:28:42
Message: <5300d92a$1@news.povray.org>
Normally, the CPU fan of my HP Tower PC just functions pretty
noiselessly and only speeds up in exceptional cases. Suddenly, since
this morning's start up, it immediately switches to high speed with an
increased level of noise as a result.

So, what might be the problem? I opened the case and controlled if any
amount of dust was present but that seems not to be the case.

I suppose there must be a sensor controlling the temperature. Could that
be broken?

I am using CPUID Hardware Monitor, and I am concerned about the
Temperature 1 value; is that normal?:

Hardware monitor	Fintek F8000
	Voltage 0	1.67 Volts [0xD1] (VIN0)
	Voltage 1	1.66 Volts [0xCF] (VIN1)
	Voltage 2	1.63 Volts [0xCC] (VIN2)

	Fan 0		4587 RPM [0x147] (FANIN0)
	Fan 1		2521 RPM [0x253] (FANIN1)

The four core temperatures however, are all around 31 degrees Celsius.

Any idea is welcome. Thanks in advance.

I am switching off for the remainder of the day though and shall be back
tomorrow.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message