POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CPU fan trouble : Re: CPU fan trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CPU fan trouble
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Feb 2014 04:00:01
Message: <web.5301cedb5221760c7f6b03a40@news.povray.org>

> Thanks Stephen. I shall look at TThrottle in any case.

It is worth having a look at. It will log your core temperatures and CPU usage
for  at least 12 hours. Then send you an email if they go over a limit, if you
want. I see that there is a newer version out, I should give it a look over.

> This morning the
> machine behaved like it should so I am wondering what happened. It
> probably needed its Sunday Rest. I am again thinking that maybe a piece
> of dust was stuck at the wrong place and needed to be burned down.

It might have been a core stuck in a loop and it just needed a re-boot. You
never can tell.

> The
> fan is whole and rotating correctly.

Good and PC fans are easier to change.