POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CPU fan trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  CPU fan trouble (Message 16 to 25 of 25)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: CPU fan trouble
Date: 17 Feb 2014 11:26:01
Message: <53023819@news.povray.org>
> In the mean time, this morning, it started up ok, without problems, and
> all temperatures are at normal levels. I really wonder what might have
> happened.

Btw, did you check that something wasn't consuming CPU time? Was the CPU
at 100% load?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 17 Feb 2014 17:09:07
Message: <53028883$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/02/2014 12:20 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:

> My i7 PC does that too sometimes. It seems to have to do with some
> arcane Windows process... I checked with the task manager and one or
> another process was active.

Arcane indeed.
I downloaded Process Explorer to see if I could find out what was
causing it. Cyber-man's magic. Whooo! :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message