POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : CPU fan trouble : Re: CPU fan trouble Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CPU fan trouble
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 18 Feb 2014 01:23:02
Message: <5302fc46$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17/02/2014 17:26, Warp a écrit :
>> In the mean time, this morning, it started up ok, without problems, and
>> all temperatures are at normal levels. I really wonder what might have
>> happened.
>
> Btw, did you check that something wasn't consuming CPU time? Was the CPU
> at 100% load?

IIRC, he said that the temperatures of cores were fine (and low) when
the incident happened. Of course, if it was at start-up of the computer,
they hadn't had the time to heat yet. (I guess they have that big
inertia of a block of alu-copper attached to them, something the other
chip might not have)

--
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.