POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Mensa: a table (Latin) (Message 121 to 130 of 140)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
Date: 19 Jan 2014 13:33:01
Message: <52DC1A5C.6080401@gmail.com>
On 19-1-2014 19:26, clipka wrote:

>>> Nice one, Warp.
>>>
>>> John
>> Who gives a frak about that. Oh, ever so sorry. Which centuries
>> punctuation would you like? How about spelling? What does it bloody
>> matter, other than that some people insist on being purists, instead of
>> just paying attention to the bloody content.
>
> Well, I for one do. Seriously, Patrick, your grammar tends to be so
> convoluted that it is frequently difficult - and sometimes impossible -
> for me to follow.
>
> This isn't about purism. It's ok to be lax about punctuation and grammar
> if it doesn't hamper communication. But in your case it seriously does.
>
> Feel free to not give a bloody frak about punctuation and grammar if you
> don't give a bloody frak about whether people actually give a bloody
> frak about reading your bloody postings. But then I wonder why you even
> give a bloody frak about bloody posting them in the first place.

excuse me gentlemen, what is a 'frak'?

--
Everytime the IT department forbids something that a researcher deems
necessary for her work there will be another hole in the firewall.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 19 Jan 2014 16:01:58
Message: <52dc3d46$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.01.2014 19:33, schrieb andrel:

> excuse me gentlemen, what is a 'frak'?

It is whatever you may assume it is ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Date: 19 Jan 2014 16:22:17
Message: <52dc4209$1@news.povray.org>
On 14/01/14 02:14, Doctor John wrote:
> So, some years ago I was a member of Mensa and I would guess that a
> large majority of this forum would also qualify (top 2% of the population).
> For no apparent reason I have decided to rejoin. I left the society
> purely because I found most members to have their noses stuck firmly up
> their own fundaments.
> Am I insane? Or is it because I wish to revive the SIG called Thick As A
> Brick?
>
> John (thinking about loud music and strong liquor)

I withdraw from this thread because, unwittingly, I seem to have stirred
up a wasps nest.

No further comment

John
--