POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 19 Jan 2014 20:33:05
Message: <52dc7cd1$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 09:49:02 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Who gives a frak about that. Oh, ever so sorry. Which centuries
> punctuation would you like? How about spelling? What does it bloody
> matter, other than that some people insist on being purists, instead of
> just paying attention to the bloody content.

Patrick, writing to be understood is important.  If your words are
misunderstood, then you are as well.  So form is as important - and in
some cases more important - than the content itself.

Use of incorrect spelling, punctuation, and grammar - and then saying
"who gives a damn about it!" is very telling.  You might have an
excellent point to offer, but if it's not presented in a way that's
understandable, then you get written off as just another crank.

It's the difference between:

Let's eat grandma.

and

Let's eat, grandma.