POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 20 Jan 2014 14:17:32
Message: <52dd764c@news.povray.org>
> Obviously enough companies *do* care - and they're apparently not just
> distinguishing between Oxbridge and "the rest".

As I say, IME nobody cares if you have a degree. They only care that you
don't have 3 years' commercial experience.

>> By the time you reach adulthood, you have presumably given up on calling
>> people names because they're "teacher's pet". Question is, how do we get
>> younger children to do that...
>
> Like I said, IME it was the ones from the bottom classes causing
> trouble. Take them out into a different school entirely, everyone's a
> winner.

Maybe. I still think the problem is bigger than just tweaking school
slightly. Like, we need to make the entire populas regard knowledge and
skill as valuable things again, rather than something that only socially
inept dweebs are about...