POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hardware Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:24:49 EDT (-0400)
  Hardware (Message 1 to 10 of 42)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Subject: Hardware
Date: 22 Dec 2013 11:35:10
Message: <52b714be$1@news.povray.org>
So the good news is, my PC works again now.

The bad news is I have no 3D acceleration and I'm limited to VGA video
modes.

Time to buy a new graphics card... :-(

Post a reply to this message

From: Doctor John
Subject: Re: Hardware
Date: 22 Dec 2013 14:59:35
Message: <52b744a7$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/12/2013 16:35, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> So the good news is, my PC works again now.

I wondered where you'd got to.

> The bad news is I have no 3D acceleration and I'm limited to VGA video
> modes.
>
> Time to buy a new graphics card... :-(

I've just run one of my machines in VGA mode; OMG, what a difference.
Hope it's all fixed before Xmas.

John

Post a reply to this message

> I've just run one of my machines in VGA mode; OMG, what a difference.

I especially enjoy how my monitor correctly displays the image, but
utterly fails to compensate for the radically different aspect ratio...

> Hope it's all fixed before Xmas.

Are you kidding me? Chances of stuff getting delivered before Christmas
are almost zero now, I would think...

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 20:13:44 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>> I've just run one of my machines in VGA mode; OMG, what a difference.
>
> I especially enjoy how my monitor correctly displays the image, but
> utterly fails to compensate for the radically different aspect ratio...
>
>> Hope it's all fixed before Xmas.
>
> Are you kidding me? Chances of stuff getting delivered before Christmas
> are almost zero now, I would think...

Depends on when you ordered it, and how much you paid for shipping.  If
you buy something with next day guaranteed delivery, it should get there
- and if it doesn't, then someone owes you money. :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> So the good news is, my PC works again now.
>
> The bad news is I have no 3D acceleration and I'm limited to VGA video
> modes.

You should be able to at least run the new Windows 8 UI then :-)

Post a reply to this message

>> So the good news is, my PC works again now.
>>
>> The bad news is I have no 3D acceleration and I'm limited to VGA video
>> modes.
>
> You should be able to at least run the new Windows 8 UI then :-)

GAAAH! IT BURNS!!

Post a reply to this message