POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hardware : Re: Hardware Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hardware
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 23 Dec 2013 13:16:08
Message: <52b87de8$1@news.povray.org>
On 22/12/2013 04:35 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> Time to buy a new graphics card... :-(

...of course, the thing about buying a graphics card is, how much do you
want to spend?

the same thing as I had before. But with slightly more RAM.

What exactly is the significance of the amount of on-board RAM? I
realise it's used for holding texture data, but what happens if the data
doesn't all fit? Does the program just point-blank refuse to work, or
does it merely cause a reduction in performance?

For slightly less than 2x the price, I can get somewhat more than 2x the

So, 87% more expensive, 125% faster.

yet, it produces 2,200 GFLOPS (and has twice the RAM).

Decisions, decisions...