POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : **!!ing Office 2013 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  **!!ing Office 2013 (Message 1 to 10 of 129)
From: Doctor John
Subject: **!!ing Office 2013
Date: 15 Nov 2013 14:29:52
Message: <52867630$1@news.povray.org>
I don't swear much _but_ the Kat has just got a new machine running
Windoze 8 with Office 2013 and it is a real pain. We can both deal with
the novelty of the Windoze UI but how the hell can you tell Word 2013 to
set a complete document written using Word 2003 that it should regard it
as English? In 2003 all you had to do was select the complete text then
set the language as English(UK). Is that possible in 2013? No way!

The problem is that the Kat sometimes cuts and pastes from (say) a
Slovak document into an English one. 2013 seems to regard the language
in the pasted chunk as being immutable.

Solutions or workarounds will be gratefully received and may even result
in (virtual) beer tokens

John
--
Protect the Earth