POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Where is the world going? (Message 190 to 199 of 199)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Where is the world going?
Date: 24 Oct 2013 00:10:20
Message: <52689dac$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:40:22 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> On 10/23/2013 11:57 AM, Shay wrote:
>> Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>>
>>> And, of course, there is the lies you tell, because you can't imagine
>>> that someone could be apposed to any of those things themselves, yet
>>> still believe in government.
>>
>> Of course I can imagine it; I see it every day, a religion like any
>> other. When your god is displeased, he kills off a few-hundred-thousand
>> people. When he's happy, he gives alms to the poor ... or to
>> billionaires. Mysterious are the ways of your god.
>>
>> Best not question him or you may end up in the sights of his predator
>> drones.
>>
> Wow... Yeah, that is pretty much a conversation ender, even if the last
> post by you wasn't. Since you refuse to stop putting words in my mouth,
> claiming I support things, just because you are paranoid about them and
> can't see the difference, and insist on lying about what you "know"
> about me, and my position, based on that paranoia... yeah, the surest
> sign of a religion, since you bring that up, is an absolute, unshakable,
> certainty in your own position, to the extent that you imagine that
> everyone else who disagrees with you must support your enemies.
>
> We are done here.

That's why I got out of the discussion, Patrick.  When confronted with
extreme "either you're with me or you're with the bad guys" logic, that's
a red flag to me that no serious discussion is going to take place.  The
world isn't that black and white, and people who refuse to acknowledge
that are extremists of one type or another.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> That's why I got out of the discussion, Patrick.  When confronted with
> extreme "either you're with me or you're with the bad guys" logic, that's
> a red flag to me that no serious discussion is going to take place.

It was the extreme right nature of the posts that stopped me reading
them all - start a new post guys please, my "subject" column width
cannot cope!

Post a reply to this message