POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:31:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Shay
Date: 24 Oct 2013 11:20:00
Message: <web.52693a71cafa64a74aef9a7a0@news.povray.org>

> That's why I got out of the discussion, Patrick.  When confronted with
> extreme "either you're with me or you're with the bad guys" logic, that's a
> red flag to me that no serious discussion is going to take place.  The world
> isn't that black and white, and people who refuse to acknowledge that are
> extremists of one type or another.
>
> Jim

Wasn't much of a discussion, unfortunately. You, as per usual, almost
immediately attempted to prevent discussion by feigning injury. I may not know
all the characters from Patrick's Batman analogy, but I do know a "Gambit" when
I see one.

Patrick is a better sport, but he doesn't have much to work with (see, I can be
passive aggressive too. ha). His answer for the millions slain by centralized
government? to accuse the opposition of *gasp* hyperbole when discussing a new
paper currency. Oh yes, and to levy a so-feeble accusation of "racist
association" that it could only have come from the Internet or some Dickensien
courtroom.

But this "discussion" has been a chance for the oh-so-unfashionable case for
limited government to be not only read, but vigorously studied (by, obviously,
more than just Patrick--who, I fear, may get all his information from wherever
he acquired his embarrassing "union funding" delusion). And your latest volley
of dismissive responses are yet another opportunity for me to re-state a
position in language so plain as to penetrate all but the most pugnacious
fervors of totalitarian zeal:

I am not placing you "with the bad guys."

I am placing you with the results of the near-total authority you wish to
exercise. Not with prognostications, not with asserted historical analogs, but
with the documented record of the actual animal you wish to continue feeding.