POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is the world going? : Re: Where is the world going? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is the world going?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 24 Oct 2013 20:39:34
Message: <5269bdc6$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:19:13 -0400, Shay wrote:

> You, as per usual, almost immediately attempted to prevent discussion by
> feigning injury.

No, I just got sick and tired of the personal attacks and assumptions
that if I didn't agree with you, I must somehow be a bad person.

> I am not placing you "with the bad guys."
>
> I am placing you with the results of the near-total authority you wish
> to exercise.

You consider authoritarianism to be a bad thing.  You then paint my
position as authoritarian (even though I don't consider it to be), and
debate that, which paints me as the "bad guy".

That's a very dirty debate tactic, and I refuse to debate someone who
resorts to those kinds of tactics.

But thanks for playing.

Jim