POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Math questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Math questions (Message 51 to 60 of 90)
From: Kevin Wampler
Subject: Re: Math questions
Date: 19 Jul 2013 17:03:57
Message: <51e9a9bd$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/19/2013 1:54 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 19/07/2013 10:48 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> I think I could say the specific infinity I'm thinking of would be the
>> biggest type of infinity.
>> What would that be?
>

> You will be sorry you asked that. :-P

Haha, that seems to be the answer to a lot of math questions of this
sort!  I did what I could to make my answer not too painful though.

Post a reply to this message

From: Kevin Wampler
Date: 19 Jul 2013 17:06:34
Message: <51e9aa5a$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/19/2013 1:56 PM, Stephen wrote:
> On 19/07/2013 8:54 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> Is there any other answer
>
> How about and we may have an infinity of authors spinning in their graves:
>
> The sum of all the odd numbers is infinity.
> The sum of all even numbers is infinity.
> The sum of all numbers odd and even is infinity.
>
> So by doing ordinary sums:
> infinity + infinity = infinity
> and
> infinity = infinity * 2

You know, if you wrote that as "2 * infinity" the equation would
actually be correct as far as the major definitions of infinity go.
Ain't math grand?

Post a reply to this message