POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Math questions : Re: Math questions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Math questions
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 19 Jul 2013 17:21:07
Message: <51e9adc3$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/07/2013 09:37 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
> This is all very interesting. :)
>
> I was thinking of adding any particular infinity to itself.

I may also have glossed over the fact that the results you get from set
theory vary slightly depending on WHICH VERSION OF SET THEORY you happen
to be talking about. There are several slight variations of it.

Think of it like playing chess; different chess tournaments have very
slightly different rules. Usually it doesn't matter, but sometimes the
outcome of a particular match can depend on exactly which rules you
choose to play by.

(One of the fun things about mathematics is simply INVENTING new rules
out of thin air and seeing where that takes you...)