POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hell has officially frozen over Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:31 EDT (-0400)
  Hell has officially frozen over (Message 21 to 30 of 66)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Hell has officially frozen over
Date: 19 Jul 2013 17:33:53
Message: <51e9b0c1$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/07/2013 11:15 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> According to Wikipedia, it also measures beer, cornmeal, Portland
> cement, sugar, flour, lime and cranberries.

"Also" is a good word. It means that my vague memory is correct. Phew!

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 19 Jul 2013 17:48:10
Message: <51e9b41a$1@news.povray.org>
> According to Wikipedia, it also measures beer, cornmeal, Portland
> cement, sugar, flour, lime and cranberries.

I should perhaps clarify that it's "lime" as in calcium hydroxide, not
as in the fruit. (How would THAT work?? Then again, cranberries...)

Post a reply to this message

On 19/07/2013 11:48 PM, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> According to Wikipedia, it also measures beer, cornmeal, Portland
>> cement, sugar, flour, lime and cranberries.
>
> I should perhaps clarify that it's "lime" as in calcium hydroxide, not
> as in the fruit. (How would THAT work?? Then again, cranberries...)

Do you have any idea why Americans call us Limeys?

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message