POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's mirth Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Today's mirth (Message 51 to 60 of 90)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Today's mirth
Date: 8 Jun 2013 13:41:32
Message: <51b36ccc$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 10:13:08 +0100, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

>>> Thunderbird insists that everything must be spelt the American way,
>>> which is really quite annoying...
>>
>> That happens when you leave it set to the default dictionary with an
>> English installation.
>>
>> And if you go into the composition preferences, click the link that
>> says "download additional dictionaries" and add the English/United
>> Kingdom dictionary, it insists that you use British spellings.
>>
>> Funny, that. ;)
>
> Yeah, you would think that would solve it...

Well, it does here.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Jun 2013 13:42:39
Message: <51b36d0f$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 08 Jun 2013 11:45:58 +0100, Stephen wrote:

> On 07/06/2013 11:32 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Word history is always interesting.:)
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/etymology/
>
> Is quite good as is my wife with her penchant for Victorian books.

I've used that one before, but I prefer the OED's presentation (and I get
access to the online edition free through my local library system). :)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 8 Jun 2013 16:23:12
Message: <51b392b0$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/06/2013 6:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> I've used that one before, but I prefer the OED's presentation (and I get
> access to the online edition free through my local library system).:)

Oh! there's a thing. My wife is a member of the London Library so she
has access to lots of these sorts of institutions. Well she would have
if she weren't a Luddite. So I'll use her card. :-D

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message