POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How is this even possible? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  How is this even possible? (Message 51 to 60 of 98)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: How is this even possible?
Date: 19 Dec 2012 14:16:06
Message: <50d21276$1@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:07:14 -0500, Warp wrote:

> Well, there's this widespread theology among many Christians (especially
> the evangelical ones) that if a nation commits enough sin and wickedness
> against God, then God will punish that nation. Therefore the less sin
> that the nation commits, the better.

That's not very widespread - it's very widely reported, but it's a small
number of high-profile nutjobs who make comments like this.

I've met exactly one person who wasn't in a high-profile position who
claimed that about the SLC tornado that took place - and after calmly
informing him that if the tornado was caused by God's anger over a gay
bar in SLC (seriously, he did believe that), then God missed, because he
killed some innocent people setting up for an outdoor retailers
convention and left the bar in question completely unscathed.

Then we fired him (he is a contractor who we had used for years to clean
our chimney and do various minor roof repairs).

Jim

Post a reply to this message