POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gibberish Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:13 EDT (-0400)
  Gibberish (Message 11 to 20 of 20)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Gibberish
Date: 6 Nov 2012 03:31:28
Message: <5098cae0$1@news.povray.org>
> Also: I'm pretty damned certain that no matter how much of an elite
> computer nerd you are, you *cannot* actually hack traffic lights. You
> know, seeing as they aren't controlled by a computer in the first place...

I wonder what the Siemens guy has his laptop connected to then when I
see him sat next to the traffic light control box in the street?

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 6 Nov 2012 08:59:59
Message: <509917df@news.povray.org>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

> I believe the phrase is "epic fail".

Just put random technical words together. As long as it sounds technical,
it's ok.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> Also: I'm pretty damned certain that no matter how much of an elite
>> computer nerd you are, you *cannot* actually hack traffic lights. You
>> know, seeing as they aren't controlled by a computer in the first
>> place...
>
> I wonder what the Siemens guy has his laptop connected to then when I
> see him sat next to the traffic light control box in the street?

There might well be a small microcontroller in there working the
signals. But it's not like it's a standard computer with a full OS and
Internet connectivity. (Because, let's face it, why would you need a guy
to stand in the street?)

Post a reply to this message