POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gibberish : Re: Gibberish Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gibberish
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 9 Nov 2012 14:41:07
Message: <509d5c53$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> Also: I'm pretty damned certain that no matter how much of an elite
> computer nerd you are, you *cannot* actually hack traffic lights. You
> know, seeing as they aren't controlled by a computer in the first place...

The traffic lights at Helsinki were computerized in the 80's. They have
been centrally managed and therefore hackable since then.

No, I don't know if the control system is actually reachable from the
Internet or do you need to sneak in like Ethan Hunt, but if that's the
case, it's just part of the job.

-Aero